HPCwire Announces the 2012 People to Watch List
HPCwire, the most widely recognized and accessed news and information site covering the ecosystem of High Performance Computing (HPC) announced today that it has published the HPCwire 2012 ‘People to Watch’ list. The annual list is comprised of an elite group of community leaders selected from academia, government, business, and industry who’s work is believed will impact and influence the future of High Performance Computing in 2012 and beyond.
The annual selections are made following a stringent review process, in-depth discussions with the HPCwire editorial and publishing teams, guidance from industry analysts and past recipients, and with input solicited from industry luminaries across the HPC community.
“This year’s list of stellar individuals is representative of the best and brightest in the HPC community, who have dedicated their lives to sharing their visions and creativity towards developing solutions for improving our quality of life today, and for future generations to come”, said Jeff Hyman, President and Group Publisher of Tabor Communications Inc. “It’s an honor and a privilege for me to acknowledge those who, through their talent and commitment to working with advanced computing technologies, are revolutionizing our world and the universe beyond. Congratulations and best wishes to all who were selected for a productive and outstanding year ahead.”
The 2012 HPCwire People to Watch list includes the following academic, government, business, and industry thought leaders (in alphabetical order):
- David A. Bader, Full Professor in the School of Computational Science and Engineering, College of Computing, at Georgia Institute of Technology, and Executive Director for High Performance Computing
- Pascal Barbolosi, Vice President, Extreme Computing at Bull Group
- Eric Barton, Chief Technical Officer and Co-founder, Whamcloud, Inc.
- Alex Bouzari, CEO, DataDirect Networks
- David Ferucci, IBM Fellow and the Principal Investigator (PI) for the Watson/Jeopardy! Project
- Steve Reagan, Computational Modeling Manager at L & L Products, Inc.
- Jon Riley, Vice President of Digital Manufacturing at the National Center for Manufacturing Sciences (NCMS)
- Mark Seager, Chief Technology Officer for the High Performance Computing Ecosystem at Intel
- Marc Snir, Director of the Mathematics and Computer Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory co-PI, NCSA Blue Waters Project
- Steve Scott, CTO, Tesla Business Unit, Nvidia *
- Tadashi Watanabe, Project Leader, Next-Generation Supercomputer R&D Center, RIKEN
- John West, Director, Department of Defense, High Performance Computing Modernization Program (Previous Recipient)
- Masahiko Yamada, President of Technical Computing Solutions Unit, Fujitsu
To view the entire feature and learn more about the backgrounds, contributions, and the influence that these individuals are making in High Performance Computing, visit http://www.hpcwire.com/specialfeatures/
HPCwire is the leading publication for news and information from the high performance computing industry. HPCwire continues to be the portal of choice for business and technology professionals from the academic, government, industrial and vendor communities who are interested in high performance and computationally-intensive computing, including systems, software, tools and applications, middleware, networking and storage For additional information, please visit: www.hpcwire.com
About Tabor Communications Inc.
Tabor Communications Inc. is a leading international media, advertising, and communications company that provides solutions, news and information to the High Performance Computing (HPC), data-intensive, cloud and digital manufacturing communities. Publisher of HPCwire, Datanami, HPC in the Cloud and Digital Manufacturing Report, other Tabor Communications companies include Tabor Advertising and Tabor Publications & Events. Learn more at: www.taborcommunications.com/
Tabor Communications Inc.
+1 (510) 378-5838